Easter recipes for runners
Let us guide you through this Easter's eating, with all the classics with a healthy runner powered twist.
Easter nest cakes
Here’s a childhood favorite with a slightly grown-up twist. Plus the fruit and nut additions add some runner friendly benefits; the cranberries pack an antioxidant boost and the hazelnuts are full of healthy fats, vitamin E and magnesium, which reduce blood pressure and inflammation. Meanwhile the dark chocolate is choc full of antioxidants, for the healthiest dose go for 70% cocoa and above.
- 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids and above)
- 85g shredded wheat
- Dark chocolate mini eggs, approx. 26
- ½ a cup of unsweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ cup of chopped hazelnuts
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water on a low heat.
- Crush the shredded wheat using your hands into a large bowl and roughly chop up the nuts.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the wheat and thoroughly stir in with the cranberries and nuts.
- Spoon the mixture into small cake cases in a tray, shaping into little nests. Put the tray into the fridge to set, then when they have hardened add three mini eggs into each nest.
Discuss this article