This super-healthy version of the Spanish national dish is full of lean protein.
Simple seafood swaps make this quick-and-easy Spanish sizzler much healthier for runners than the traditional version.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into eight pieces
- 8 raw king prawns
- 20 mussels, prepared
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 200g paella rice
- Pinch of saffron
- 1 litre hot chicken stock
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 110g peas (fresh or frozen)
- Handful flat-leaf parsley
- In a paella pan or large frying pan, heat the olive oil and saute the chicken for a couple of minutes.
- Add the prawns and mussels, and cook for a minute, stirring. Add the garlic and cook for two more minutes.
- Add the rice, saffron and chicken stock (the stock should come to about 1cm above the rice). Finally, add the tomatoes and peas to the pan, season and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the flat-leaf parsley and serve. This recipes comes from our Complete Guide to Nutrtion, get it here for more excellent runner-friendly recieps.