Refuel after your run with this quick and easy seasonal veggie soup.
Cooking time 30 minutes
•400g tin chopped tomatoes
•2 tbsp olive oil
•1 large onion, cut
into small cubes
•1 celery stalk, cut
into small chunks
•1 peeled carrot, cut into small cubes
•2 tsp dried mixed herbs
•¼ tsp dried chilli flakes (or to taste)
•2x400g tins white beans, with liquid
•225g coarsely chopped broad-leaved endive
•120g macaroni (or any small pasta)
•Sprinkle of salt and ground black pepper
1. Microwave the stock and tomatoes together on high until steaming (five minutes).
2. Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large pot. Add onions, celery, and carrots; saute till tender (five minutes).
3. Add the dried herbs and red pepper; saute until fragrant (one minute).
4. Add the stock mixture and remaining ingredients; cover and bring to a simmer.
5.Reduce the heat to medium-low; continue to simmer, partially covered and stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft and pasta is tender (around 15 minutes).
• Broad-leaved endive is rich
in vitamin K
• Beans are
an excellent source of fibre
Nutrition (per serving)