I love risotto and am delighted to inform you that it doesn’t necessarily have to be a dieting disaster. This recipe has only around 300 kcals per serving, and is a great option for a dinner party as it looks and tastes fabulous, plus the quinoa adds a yummy nutty flavour and a boost of protein.
Mushroom & Thyme Risotto (serves 4)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350g chestnut mushrooms , sliced
- 100g quinoa
- 1l hot vegetable stock
- 175g risotto rice
- handful thyme leaves
- handful grated Parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- 50g bag rocket , to serve
1. Heat the oil in a medium pan, sauté the mushrooms for 2-3 mins, then stir in the quinoa. Keeping the vegetable stock warm in a separate pan on a low heat, add a ladle of the stock and stir until absorbed. Stir in the rice and repeat again with the stock, until all the stock has been used up and the rice and quinoa are tender and cooked.
2. Stir in the thyme leaves, then divide between 4 plates or bowls. Serve topped with grated Parmesan and rocket leaves.
302 kcalories, protein 11g, carbohydrate 51g, fat 7 g, saturated fat 2g, fibre 3g, sugar 4g, salt 0.74 g