How to enjoy pudding this summer and still honour your sport.
It’s summer, you’re training hard, some sweet treats here and there are essential. We have put a healthy runner-friendly twist of some of our favourite puddings. They are all ultra simple to make so are weeknight friendly plus they are packed with nutritional goodness.
Why: bananas are a runner’s go-to fruit of choice. They have a low GI rating due to their high fibre content meaning they release energy slowly. They are also a good source of potassium which helps reduce muscle cramps. This is also a fat free ice cream alternative and totally delicious. The toppings are optional but add crunch, healthy fats and a dose of iron.
- 2 x bananas
- 2 x tbsp non-fat greek yoghurt
- Splash of milk
- 4 x medjool dates
- A few pistachios
- Peel your bananas and put them in the freezer for at least 6 hours – the best thing is to do this in the morning and then they will be perfect for after dinner.
- Take them out of the freezer and chop into chunks and place into a blender.
- Add the yoghurt and milk and blitz – add a little more milk if they need it. You are aiming for the texture of whipped ice cream.
- When blended fully spoon into two bowls and sprinkle with nuts, and the chopped dates. Serve.