Transform Christmas leftovers into a quick nutritious meal or the perfect party dish
Bung any Boxing Day leftovers into this frittata for a super speedy meal. It's probably the easiest way to use up all your festive vegetables (even the sprouts!) and the eggs are rich in iron and muscle-building protein. After tucking into this meal your body will be prepped for a festive training session and a break from all those television re-runs.
Preparation time: 35 mins
- 500g Christmas leftovers chopped into smaller pieces: cold roast potatoes, peas, sprouts, carrots, stuffing or parsnips
- 1 tsp cranberry sauce (optional)
- 50g cheese cut into bitesize pieces
- 8 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
1 Pre-heat oven to 200C/Gas mark 6 and line a flan dish with greaseproof paper.
2 Arrange the Christmas leftovers and cheese evenly into the flan dish.
3 Beat the eggs, add the chopped rosemary, then pour over the vegetables.
4 Season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the eggs are thoroughly cooked.
© Copyright The Vegetarian Society 2011 Many thanks to The Vegetarian Society for supplying this image and recipe.