Preparation time: 30 minutes + 40 minutes proving time for the bread
- 250g mixed grain bread mix
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 flat mushrooms, peeled and sliced
- 75g cheese, grated e.g. Cheddar
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 slices smoked back bacon or ham, chopped
1 Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
2 Mix the bread mix with 140ml warm water (or according to the pack instructions) and knead into a smooth dough. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
3 Knead again and roll out to a 28cm circle. Place on a lightly greased baking tray and cover with clingfilm. Leave in a warm place for 30-40 minutes.
4 Spread the tomato puree over the pizza base and top with the tomatoes.
5 Scatter over the mushrooms and cheese. Make 4 wells in the topping and crack in the eggs. Scatter over the bacon.
6 Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Great for using up left over sausages, simply slice and scatter over the pizza base instead of the bacon. White or wholemeal bread mix or pizza mix can be used instead.
- For a vegetarian option, increase the mushrooms to 4 and add a sliced red onion.
Farmhouse Breakfast Week is taking place from January 23-29. Many thanks to www.shakeupyourwakeup.com for supplying the featured recipe.