ASICS Target 26.2 contender Emma shares the recipe for her PB-fuelling Turbo Flapjacks
These are high calorie but do contain good stuff too and I think they are great for the digestion - add some turbo power!
Makes: enough to feed an army
- 250g butter
- 250g soft dark brown sugar
- 250g honey
- 500g oats. I like to use jumbo oats and normal cheap oats mixed together (about 2/3 posh chunky oats and 1/2 cheapy small oats)
- 125g dried fruit, nuts and seeds. My favourites are pumpkin seeds, currents, sunflower seeds and raisins. You can put in whatever dried fruit and seeds or nuts you like. It’s just that these are my favourites - and they're great on yoghurt and porridge too!
1. Mix together the butter, sugar and honey, then stir in the dry ingredients.
2. Bake at Gas Mark 4 1/2 / 180 degrees / 170 fan for about 20 mins - if they are thick they may take slightly longer.
3. Let them cool before you try to remove them from the tin, and once quite cool prise them away from the edges, compress the middle to help them stick then leave for a little longer. Then turn out on to a board and allow to cool fully.
4. Finally, cut them up with a sharp knife and devour!