Quinoa is a complete protein source, bringing essential amino acids, as well as magnesium, iron and fibre to the table. The pomegranate packs in more antioxidants than a cup of green tea, and the feta is rammed full of calcium.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: up to 20 minutes
- 300g quinoa
- 200g Tenderstem brocoli
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large handful of pumpkin seeds
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1 large handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 large handful of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut the brocoli and lightly steam until tender
- Heat a small frying pan and lightly toast the pumpkin seeds until slightly crunchy
- Once the hot ingredients cool, stir together along with feta, pomegranate seeds, herbs, tomato and spring onions. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt - you won't won't need much because of the feta - and a good twist of black pepper.