Refuel post-run Mexican-style with this filling protein and fibre-packed meal-in-a-wrap
Ingredients (Serves 4) - Cooking time: 15 minutes
• 1 red onion, finely diced
• 1 small jalapeño pepper, finely diced
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• ½ tsp ground cumin
• 400g tin of black beans, drained and rinsed
• 4 eggs, mixed with a fork
• Salt to taste
• 90g low-fat Greek yoghurt
• Juice of one lime
• 4 wholewheat tortillas
• 50g grated cheddar
• 1 avocado, cut into slices
• 225g salsa
1. Fry the onion and jalapeño in olive oil. When the onion is soft, add the cumin.
2. Next, add the beans and stir. When the beans are hot, add the eggs and cook until fluffy. Season with salt.
3. Mix the yoghurt with the lime juice and set aside.
4. Grill the four tortillas until they puff up.
5. Lay the tortilllas out and divide the egg-and-bean mixture evenly among them. Top the eggs with an equal amount of cheese, avocado and yoghurt.
6. Finally, roll them up and serve alongside the salsa.
• One egg has six grams of protein for recovery
• Avocado is high in fibre and healthy fats
• Jalapeño peppers contain capsaicin, an anti-inflammory