The Looniness of the Long Distance Runner by Russell Taylor

Summary | Full Review | Reader Reviews | Gallery | Discussion
Your score:

Add a review

Add a comment...

Having had a gait analysis at my local running shop after having a few knee problems I have happily been running in Asics GT2110's for a couple of years. However I want to do some more trail running/racing and have tried on the inov8 terroc which seem really comfy, and the staff at the same running shop assure me I will be fine with them.

Do you think they will be alright for me given that I over-pronate?

Thanks very much for reading!!!

Posted: 23/09/2006 at 19:15

I wear them with my orthotics and they are great shoes.

Posted: 23/09/2006 at 20:39

I think pronating is less of a problem off-road. The ground is uneven anyway! I get on fine with flyrocs off-road.

Posted: 24/09/2006 at 09:02

inov8 are more of a fell running shoe plus they are not as good as i first thought.Great grip but cushion is poor plus blisters all over i have to wear two pairs of socks plus plasters on two heals.

Posted: 24/09/2006 at 10:44

I've certainly had problems with the Mudroc (the studded soled fell shoe) - the heel counter is just too low for me and I've never got used to the rounded profile heel - seems to make them very unstable.

However I am a great fan of the Flyroc and Terroc - probably preferring the Flyroc as they have better grip. I use stability shoes (Saucony Omnis etc) on tarmac and have had no problems with the Inov-8s off roa

Posted: 24/09/2006 at 11:52

Inov-8 make some great shoes that many people find really comfortable and supportive, but (and it's a big but) they seem to be massively unreliable. Mine fell apart after 50 easy miles, and I hear that it's not uncommon at all.

I loved them, but won't go back until they sort the reliability.

Posted: 25/09/2006 at 13:28

I've had no trouble with my Inov8s apart from an irksome inability to get my wide feet into those nice red Roclite 285s.

I find the Terrocs over-generous around the heel and they tend to rub a little on my ankles when I'm on steep slippery hillsides, and I wouldn't like to wear them for scrambling in conditions that weren't bone dry. I definitely prefer Flyrocs.

Terrocs would be my first choice from the range if I was a significant overpronator.

Posted: 25/09/2006 at 14:07

Thanks very much for all your info, I think the terrocs will be what I go for!

Posted: 25/09/2006 at 15:58

We'd love you to add a comment! Please take half a minute to register as a free member