Your score:

Add a review

Add a comment...

Hi has any one had trouble instaling a Polar IrDA USB 2.0 Adapter using window xp

Posted: 27/03/2007 at 17:57

i didn't have any problems. What problem are you having did you follow the instructions (on the mini CD I think) and install their drivers.

Also have you plugged it into a USB 2.0 not 1.0/1.1 socket?

Posted: 28/03/2007 at 22:49

you also need to install the USB drivers BEFORE connecting the interface, as it should the be detected automatically - Polar do supply an uninstall tool for the USB drivers if you want to start again with a "clean" system and follow the procedures correctly....

http://www.polar.fi/polar/channels/uk/ and go to Support & download link on the bottom right of the page for more info

Posted: 29/03/2007 at 09:32

It might not work with XP version of windows as I believe (although I may be wrong) as it is a now de-funct system........ first of all make sure the system you are running on is a 32 bit, this is better as Polar run better on 32 bit rather than 64 bit..... secondly, I have the Polar RS800CX run, it works superbly..... I got mine from Amazon, I did write a review for it and I think mine is still the only review for that model of Polar on there...... check it out.

Posted: 23/08/2014 at 16:49

Paul...the OP had the problem 7 years ago.....hopefully they have got it working by now

Posted: 23/08/2014 at 17:30

We'd love you to add a comment! Please take half a minute to register as a free member

RW competitions