Our score:

Your score:

Add a review

Add a comment...

Has anyone used Honey Stinger energy gels?
Apparently they far more pleasant tasting than the majority of gels.
I've done most of my marathon training drinking Viper Extreme, but find carrying a bottle is too awkward and so am looking into gels.
Would appreciate any advice

Posted: 19/03/2007 at 11:12

gels are very individual - it's often down to taste and "stomachability" - many are too sweet or cloying and need to be take with drink...........

I've seen, but not tried, these so can't comment but the general consensus is that the SiS Go gels are the most palatable as they are isotonic (don't need a drink with them) and are not sweet (easier on the palate)

try different ones and see which you prefer

I'll stick with Go ones

Posted: 19/03/2007 at 11:25

I use SIS now.

I found stingers............An odd taste.

IE i fecking hated them :)

Posted: 19/03/2007 at 12:25

I love the stinger gels - especially the ones with caffiene :)

Posted: 19/03/2007 at 13:24

I found the Honey Stinger gels too sweet but Mrs W likes them. I guess it's down to personal preference.

Posted: 19/03/2007 at 18:28

I like the chocolate stinger ones, but they are very sweet!

Posted: 19/03/2007 at 18:32

Never bothered with all this as I have not ventured further than a half for 14 years. This year's London has meant some longer training runs over the past few weeks and was on empty from 15 miles (The Wall?). Used a couple of Honey Stingers on Saturday and they certainly helped. I think I will need about 8 on the day so deep pockets but its all in a good cause and I am beginning to feel great again!

Posted: 26/03/2007 at 10:31

Got a couple of honey stinger samples - chocolate is nice, strawberry not. They are very sweet & I couldn't take more than 1 or 2 on a long run.
SiS GoGels are the way forward but make sure you train with them!!

Posted: 26/03/2007 at 11:10

Do the one with caffeine make you wanna cack yourself?

Posted: 24/05/2011 at 13:17

I prefer the Maxifuel Viper Active Gels, SiS Gels are nice and easy to get along with.

The Honey Stinger energy bars were nice, not tried the gels though.

Posted: 24/05/2011 at 13:40

We'd love you to add a comment! Please take half a minute to register as a free member

RW competitions