Your score:

Add a review

Add a comment...

What has happened to New Balance sizing? I have run in NB's for 25 years - am a flat footer and need a stability shoe and NB's have been just fine until .... I bought a pair of 1224's (£100).

Apparently a 2E width became a D ! so my stockist told me. So we duly tried a D - bit tight in the shop but I took home and thought I just need to get used to it. No, I knew something was wrong so duly ordered a 2E. Absolutely huge!! Still I thought better large than small and feet swell on a run don't they??

Total disaster, and complete waste of money. I'm now injured and it's actually put me off after all these years. Been loyal to NB but they certainly aint been loyal to me! Take note NB don't mess with something that works.

Nick.

Posted: 05/08/2009 at 21:40

Nick, D is the standard width and 2E is wide, if you have received an incorrectly fitting shoe you have every right to take it back and either exchange it for a proper fitting pair or ask for your money back (may need receipt)

You dont say when you purchased these shoes but any reputable sports shoe shop would only be too happy to resolve your problem.

Posted: 06/08/2009 at 11:29

I have had the same problem in that you cant find out what has replaced it I have search the internet but not found the answer please someone help!!!

Posted: 03/01/2011 at 07:07

We'd love you to add a comment! Please take half a minute to register as a free member

RW competitions