Asics Gel Nimbus 13

Summary | Full Review | Reader Reviews | Gallery | Specs | Discussion
Our score:

Your score:

Add a review

Add a comment...

I was very happy with my Gel Nimbus 12 but as they were wearing out, I got a new pair of GN13.  Unfortunately the 13s give me some numbness in my feet after I've been running more than 5k.  I've tried redoing laces etc to no avail.  Switched back to my old 12s and no problem so whatever the miniscule change betweeen 12 and 13 is - it has had a negative impact.  I am now looking for 12s that are being sold cheap as a clearance item and I'll just use the 13s for short runs.  I would never have imagined that a simple upgrade could cause such a problem.

Posted: 05/02/2012 at 15:48

The fit is definitely narrower than the 12's which were the perfect fit for me. The 13's also took a lot longer to break in than the 12's so had to do more short runs in them before they felt comfortable enough for a long run. Will possibly buy them again as I'm happy with them now, but are slightly disappointing compared to the 12's.

Posted: 23/02/2012 at 21:22

I have the same shoe with the same problem and the same distance from 5k the numbness started. I cant understand it. Could anybody explain? WHY

Posted: 04/03/2012 at 10:32

Great blog.

Posted: 28/04/2012 at 13:11

I've just bought a pair of Nimbus 13s and yep, I'm having the numbness problem in my metartarsal joints after about 2 miles. Not sure yet whether I just need to break them in by doing more short runs in them, but my old Nimbus 11s were so battered, I had to replace them! Is anyone over the numbness problem yet and if so is it just a case of breaking them in/lacing them up differently or is it a more long-term problem?

Posted: 14/06/2012 at 12:16

I had similar problem and tried swapping insoles with my old shoes - it seemed to work.  It may be just coincidence but may be worth a try.

Posted: 17/06/2012 at 19:20

We'd love you to add a comment! Please take half a minute to register as a free member

RW competitions