Mizuno Wave Creation 7

Summary | Full Review | Reader Reviews | Gallery | Specs | Discussion
Your score:

Add a review

Add a comment...

I've been looking at all the usual places - wiggle, sweatshop etc. Only found them in Startfittness so far for £80 but I'd really like to try them on. Anyone know of any shops in the NW that stock them, Lancaster/Kendal area?

Many thanks

Posted: 27/02/2006 at 22:32

YY - got mine from Advance Performance in Peterborough who let me try them on a treadmill with Video analysis. May not be much to you location-wise, but they also do mail order.

Would definitely recommend trying first - I wore the Creation 6 and liked them but haven't been using the 7s much. They don't fit as well (very subjective I know), but biggest difference is the cushioning. The 7s are clearly very protective (no knee/hip/back aches and stable for a cushioning shoe) but they feel very hard. Longest I've run in them is 8 miles and had very sore calf muscles at the end. Very different to the 6.

Posted: 28/02/2006 at 09:20

Hi yap yap, we do stock them in sweatshop, I just haven't been able to get them onto the internet site yet (hopefully by today though...) I haven't looked at the shoes yet or checked out the differences between old and new models, so its interesting to read the comments

Posted: 28/02/2006 at 10:36

Cheers annajo. Will all your stores stock them? The closest to me is Chorley. Will call and find out for next time I make a trip south. Would like to know what you think of the shoe when you get time.

Interesting comments RR. Will wait until I can try them on before purchasing. I'm currently deciding on options. Due to an old hip problem I need quite a lot cushioning and Im covering around 35 miles a week.

Another strong contender for work horse shoe at the moment is Cumulus 7. Any thoughts on that or other well cushioned neutral shoes?

Posted: 28/02/2006 at 21:51

i'll have a peek tomorrow and see if Chorley have them.

Probably closest equivalent to the Creation in Asics is the Nimbus, the cumulus is a good shoe as well though. Also maybe the Reebok Ultra or NB 1060?

Posted: 28/02/2006 at 23:24

YY - I've been using the Nike Moto - both versions 3 & 4 (the current one). They're good for a heavier runner as they have a Polyurethane heel which is unusual these days, but I find works really well. Durable and with a very 'springy' feel.

Have tried the Nimbus and didn't find it comfortable (seemed to force me to supinate) and the 1060. The 1060 is a good shoe, but very soft - like running on feather pillows. I prefer something that protects but doesn't feel like it's sapping energy.

Did try on the Cumulus but found it didn't have nearly enough cushion/support for me. Good shoe if you're lighter though.

Another option could be Creation 6s ? You'll probably find them will big discounts at the moment.

Posted: 01/03/2006 at 08:19

Cheers all. Hadn't considered the 1060 before. Currently running in NB844's which I didn't like at first but they've grown on me more and more. Just needed an age to break in. Will check out NB factory shop at the weekend, I've a race close to shap.

Liking the sound of the creation 6 on offer. Any deals around annajo?

Posted: 01/03/2006 at 22:31

looks like chorley have most sizes of the creation in stock, you might want to give them a call to double check for your size, check its not on hold etc, their number is 01257 269 814.

The creation 6 was on offer... and a lot of people liked the sound of it! so its almost completely sold out now. There are one or two sizes knocking about in two colourways, so Chorley might be able to order them in - it will be very helpful if you tell them the codes 00331489 (50 pounds) or 00331422 (65 pounds). If they can find them for you then they can get them in for you to try, but there's literally about 10 pairs available in the whole company, of not many sizes.

hope this is helpful?

by the way I'm currently breaking in a pair of NB (1221) and am finding they take forever to break in as well! they're starting to get there but wish my old pumas still had life in them...

Posted: 02/03/2006 at 15:53

I'm wishing adidas hadn't fiddled with the supernova cushion. Get a shoe that fits and they go and muck it up.

Going to persevere with the 844's for a bit I think and then maybe try on the 1060 and the creation. Cheers for all the help annajo.

Posted: 02/03/2006 at 18:53

We'd love you to add a comment! Please take half a minute to register as a free member