Mizuno Wave Creation 8

Summary | Full Review | Reader Reviews | Gallery | Specs | Discussion
Your score:

Add a review

Add a comment...

Just went to a running "company" today and according to their analysis, the Mizuno Wave Creation 8 is the perfect shoe for my feet/running style. It is also THE most expensive shoe currently on the market (compared to the 7) so my question to you all: what IS the difference between the 7 and 8? Can I get away with purchasing the 7 for my neutral feet? Thanks!

Posted: 25/06/2007 at 06:48

Have worn both the 7 and the 8 and yes, there are big differences between them. The 8 uses a new 'infinity wave' which cushions/absorbs impact exceptionally well and is still very stable. Upper fits better (for me) as well - is roomier and very light and airy.

Be careful though, as although the two differ from each other they're still the same type of shoe - i.e. both are aimed at heavier or higher mileage neutral runners. If this is the type of runner you are, the 7 is just as well suited to your style, it just doesn't have the latest technology. Still an exceptional shoe though.

Also be aware there are other shoes from other manufacturers that are designed for the same type of runner - I'd recommend trying them as well. Good examples are the Saucony Triumph, Asics Nimbus, Brooks Glycerin.

If you decide to stick with the Mizunos I can strongly recommend them - I keep falling for the hype and trying different brands, but keep going back to them. If they suit you're they're fantastic.

Posted: 25/06/2007 at 08:58

I'm 5'6.5", 130 lbs and I don't usually run more than 10 - 15 miles a week, although I'm sure having a nice, new pair of running shoes will motivate me to get out there more! I tried both the Nimbus and the Triumph on at Road Runner Sports, but the Mizunos fit best. The Nimbus felt like it was slipping off a little in the heel and the Triumph felt really big and somewhat unwieldy. I didn't actually run with them on though, so I don't know how they would respond. Either way, I'll probably end up buying the WC 8. Thanks for your help Recovery!

Posted: 25/06/2007 at 18:44

Shalini - you weigh just under 100 pounds less than me so you may find the Creation a bit much. find them quite firm so you may find them very firm ! If it's a good shop, they should let you try them outside/on a treadmill if they have one.

Mizuno also do a shoe called the Wave Rider - it's designed for lighter runners but is also neutral. Should fit similarly to the Creation but maybe a better bet for you.

Posted: 25/06/2007 at 20:01

BKL
i now run in asics nimbus, but still liek the mizuno (just could nto get my size in stock) so both are good and i weigh in at 16.5 stone.

Posted: 15/07/2007 at 16:44

Hi Shalini,

I rotate between a pair of 6s, a pair of 7s and a pair of 8s.

While it feels to me like the 8s are the most comfortable, it's quite possible I'm just imagining that.

The clear difference is that the 6s and 7s were only £40 from a well-known on-line auction site, while the 8s cost twice that.

Posted: 15/07/2007 at 17:08

Hi all,

Thanks for your input! I'm happy to say that I purchased a pair of Mizuno Wave Riders (as per Recovery Runner's suggestion) and they are FANTASTIC. I absolutely love the way they support my feet - I feel like I can run forever in them. A plus: they were much much cheaper than the Creations........

Cheers!

Posted: 15/07/2007 at 17:33

I've had 5's, 6's and now the 8's (missed the 7's) and the 8's are the best but a rip off... but hey, you get what you pay for ;-)

Pug

Posted: 20/07/2007 at 17:29

We'd love you to add a comment! Please take half a minute to register as a free member

RW competitions