Asics Gel-DS Trainer 14

Summary | Full Review | Reader Reviews | Gallery | Specs | Discussion
Our score:

Your score:

Add a review

Add a comment...

i am a neutral runner with low but no quite flat arches and have struggled with which shoes.

nb 1062 helped but weighed a ton and saucony arche are too hard so i get a bruised medial arch

currently running in brooks dyad which are good but again weigh a ton

i went to get some lighter/performance shoes and they suggested asics gel dst14

does anyone have experience with this

thanks

Posted: 24/05/2009 at 14:33

Interestingly, the Asics Gel-DS Trainer 14 has been "repositioned" in the structured cushioning category - and I am quoting the Asics "highlights 2009" catalogue I picked up a few weeks ago at the FLM Expo. So... this may not be the shoe for you anymore...?

Posted: 25/05/2009 at 21:53

You might try Mizuno. I fund the Wave Elixir and Wave Rider both comfortable.

Asics Kayano impressed me last time but does not appear to handle mud / wet well in terms of wear rates.

Posted: 21/06/2009 at 23:18

Kayanos have significant pronation correction.

Mizuno & New Balance both do nice lightweight trainers, better still how about this?

I have the previous year's version, best race shoe I've had so far.

Posted: 22/06/2009 at 23:10

40 minutes, the T6 is a pure racer rather than a perfprmance trainer which has more cushioning

i have tried the DS trainer 14 and they have very little correction but then again i am over 14stone

Posted: 23/06/2009 at 10:06

Like you I have a neutral stride and low arches, and also prefer training in lighter shoes - I'm under 10 stone so don't tend to need the extra cushioning or support. I swear by asics DS trainers. If you're not put off by the price they could be worth a go.

Less expensive and just as good I'd say are Mizuno's Wave Elixir and Wave Precision.

Also take a look at Nike Zoom Elite.

Posted: 24/06/2009 at 10:13

We'd love you to add a comment! Please take half a minute to register as a free member

RW competitions