Asics Gel-DS Trainer X

Summary | Full Review | Reader Reviews | Gallery | Discussion
Your score:

Add a review

Add a comment...

TCP
I currently run in Asics Gel-DS Trainer IX and I love them. But I've been told that I shouldn't do too many miles each week in them as they are performance shoes and should be left for races. Is this true and if so, can someone recommend a similar shoe for 30-40 miles a week. Thanks.

Posted: 14/11/2005 at 17:51

Nah, tis a load of poppycock.

I've been using them solidly since April, and must have 700 plus miles on them. They have been my mile-eater at 50 plus per week. For racing I use a lighter pair of shoes.

For info, I'm 11.5 to 12 stone, have been running for 4 years, and marathon around 3:15.

I love them too, and will definitely buy another pair.

Posted: 22/11/2005 at 17:48

Depends Plodder. Some people find it OK, some don't.

If you are OK with it now, then carry on.

I found I have more problems with 380g shoes like the Nimus that the 310g WAve Rider 8.

I bet you could proably have some 250g shoes for racing in!

Posted: 23/11/2005 at 09:12

Oh. Meant to add:

If your training miles suddenly jump up, or your longest run jumps up you may find a more cushioned shoe more comfortable for the longer distances... or not...

Listen to your body

Posted: 23/11/2005 at 09:13

TCP
Thanks Blisters and David. Appreciate the info. I love the shoes and have no problems in them so will carry on using them. Cheers.

Posted: 23/11/2005 at 10:59

We'd love you to add a comment! Please take half a minute to register as a free member

RW competitions