Our score:

Your score:

Add a review

Add a comment...

This is a racing shoe according to a review I read here. I'd be a bit concerned that it wouldn't have enough support for everyday training. I do like the cool designs on the equivalent K-Ona S version though. Very patriotic!!

Posted: 19/08/2010 at 12:11

If you don't need support then it's irrelevant if you're racing or training.  There are plenty of people who train in flat, lightweight shoes.

Posted: 19/08/2010 at 12:21

M.ister W wrote (see)

If you don't need support then it's irrelevant if you're racing or training.  There are plenty of people who train in flat, lightweight shoes.

I'm with you. I'm all for the minimal shoe. The problem is that as a relative beginner I went from Gel Nimbus 11s to a lightweight racing shoe, the Saucony A3 . After running in them for three weeks I discovered plantar fasciitis and knee pain. I'd never heard of PF before. My own fault obviously, but they felt fine for the first 4-5 runs. I didn't realise the pain was caused by the shoes and I thought it would go away like my other aches. It didn't.

So I'm approaching the move to minimal shoes in a different way. I'm progressing to a slightly lighter shoes every six months as I replace my old pair. The Nimbus was 375g, my New Balance 759s are 320g. I think the jump to 250g K-Swiss Ona's will have to wait a bit.

Anyone know of faster ways to strengthen my feet for minimal shoes?

Posted: 19/08/2010 at 18:36

Best way of strengthening feet and shins is to include some barefoot running in training. It although forms right stride, preparing for running in minimalist shoes.

Posted: 21/05/2011 at 13:34

We'd love you to add a comment! Please take half a minute to register as a free member

RW competitions