Asics GEL-KAYANO 17

Summary | Full Review | Reader Reviews | Gallery | Specs | Discussion
Our score:

Your score:

Add a review

Add a comment...

I have owned a pair of these for 6 weeks. They are absolutely fantastic!!! I have been running for 7 months and since wearing these I have up'd my game considerably!!

Posted: 13/06/2011 at 13:24

I was thrilled that my first pair of Kayano 17s didn't blister my heels like Kayano 16's.  So I purchased a second pair of 17's.  Guess what?  They give me the same heel blisters as the 16s!

Seems there are some build differences in the Kayano 17.  If you suffered heel blisters in the Kayano 16, be aware that it seems to be pot luck as to whether or not the 17 blisters your heels.

Posted: 16/07/2011 at 08:50

what is the cushioning like in these?
I currently run with asics Noosa Tri's and they are very nice to run in, and fast. but for the bulk of my long distance training i want something like these with a big chunky gel heel to reduce the impact on my legs.

Posted: 18/07/2011 at 17:22

Am probably going to be getting these tomorrrow after some gait analysis. Currently in kinesi but don't want to fork out 140 quid for the new kinsei that come out I'm august. Are they as heavy as they look?

Posted: 18/07/2011 at 19:58

Mr F: Kayano 17 is lighter than Kayano 16 by ~ half an ounce and I'd estimate a good ounce or more lighter than Kinsei 3 (which I assume you're referring to?)

Marc:  Cushioning is lush - no complaints there.  In the 17 Asics softened the forefoot so it now feels very cushioned in both heel and forefoot.  Kayanos are not marshmallows like some Nike's, but still remain incredibly foregiving on the joints.  Brilliant in that regard. 10/10.

Posted: 19/07/2011 at 09:54

I skipped the 16's as I thought the 15's were a better shoe. Moved onto the 17's now and the fit is snugg! I always went with a 9 but feel I could do with a 9.5 although that could be down to the extra padding. After 5 miles felt very snug and time will tell if I like these or not. Build quality is ok but not great for the money.  

Posted: 15/09/2011 at 16:48

We'd love you to add a comment! Please take half a minute to register as a free member

RW competitions