Your score:

Add a review

Add a comment...

My Kayano 14's are on there last legs, and the 15's have about 150miles on them and i have not really got on with them like the 14's. Any suggestions on what to go for, i am about 80kg, mid to forefoot striker, used to run in New Balance 854's so might be worth giving the latest version a whirl. But any opinions based on experience appreciated.

Posted: 14/05/2009 at 22:08

Perhaps you should go to a running shop and try some on ?

If you strike mid to forefront then a neutral shoe will be fine. I weigh 80k, I use saucony triumph (4&6, not 5), mizuno elixr at the moment.

Posted: 14/05/2009 at 23:31

Cheers, hadn't thought about neutral shoes, makes sense as the support is (as far as i know) based on heel strike through transistion to toe off. So being a midfoot striker i don't need the support.

I might have been missing a trick here. Thanks.

Posted: 16/05/2009 at 21:57

Yup, you got it about the support. The only thing that can be of use if you land midfoot are the torsion bars they put in the middle of some shoes.

Posted: 17/05/2009 at 00:00

Mr immune,

i was browsing the forums for debates on ultra training as ive set my self the challenge of running L2B in 2010. i noticed u've done it before (much respect) and was hoping you knew weather the race will go ahead next year? ive looked on extreme running website but it just talks about 09' event. im assuming entries havent opened yet?

one other thing... i havent ran anywhere near this distance before in my life, im a keen runner but have only completed a half marathon. i did this comfortably in 1.40 (Great north run) and am determined to complete the 57 miler next year.

i know it seems like an unrealistic prospect but im lookin for some advice on how to approach training for the event. i figure if ive got almost a year to prepare for the run i can do it.

Posted: 30/12/2009 at 15:44

We'd love you to add a comment! Please take half a minute to register as a free member

RW competitions