Nike Air Structure Triax 9 (Men's)

Summary | Full Review | Reader Reviews | Gallery | Discussion
Your score:

Add a review

Add a comment...

hi
Can any please explain why this shoe (is recomened for the neuteral runner yet when I click on the link to buy they are sutable for "Severe Overpronator" Iam a neutral runner and like the sound of these shoes. Is this a small quirk or am I just being dumb (go easy on me as I've only just started running again after a 3 year "rest")
Many Thanks
Andy

Posted: 24/06/2006 at 11:33

I think sportshoes.com have labelled them incorrectly. They have some support so are suitable for a moderate overpronator. If you're neutral then they aren't the shoe for you.

Posted: 24/06/2006 at 11:49

what would you recomend?

Posted: 24/06/2006 at 11:51

I you want a similar ride and a nutral shoe try the vomero or the skylon from Nike. /the Vomero is more cushioned and has some support and the Skylon more flexible.

Other makes also have equivalents

Posted: 24/06/2006 at 12:00

ok
Many thanks for all the advice

Posted: 24/06/2006 at 13:32

p.s.
What about the Asics gel 1100.

Posted: 24/06/2006 at 13:51

Your best option is to try some shoes on to find the ones that fit your feet the best.

Posted: 25/06/2006 at 22:32

I'm a bit late on this - anyway: The Triax is different to most other support shoes in that it doesn't have a firm structure to hold the foot in place, it has a slow collapsing air bag on the other side which - so the theory goes, will counter pronation of varying degrees yet not disturb a neutral runner.

Posted: 17/01/2007 at 08:11

I have been running on the triax's for a while and converted many of my family to them. They are amazing for a neutral runner who has a tendency to overpronate.

The only down side as I have just found out is that the air cushion can be burst be thorns and if that happens they become evil shoes!
Role on my nice new triax 9's.

Posted: 27/02/2007 at 23:34

I'm a neutral runner (as diagnosed by a proper running shop), but I used to run in Triax 9s which caused me no end of problems, the worst being that they made my left foot supinate badly. So I would say proceeed with caution in these shoes if you are a neutral runner.

Posted: 02/03/2007 at 13:09

The Nike Structure Triax is definitely with support for your overpronation. I think it is an error when anyone put it into the neutral runners category.

Posted: 02/03/2007 at 15:36

I don't like the orange trim.

Posted: 29/04/2007 at 23:24

We'd love you to add a comment! Please take half a minute to register as a free member

RW competitions