Highlights from the British Triathlon Awards 2011

We caught up with the winners of the 2011 British Triathlon Annual Awards at a star-studded dinner on Saturday night.

Jonathan Davies
 3 of 8 

The British Triathlon Official of the Year award went to Jonathan Davies

Coaches, Volunteers and Officials were recognised by the Leigh Day & Co Workforce Awards at the Annual Awards Dinner. Jonathan Davies, who was named Official of the Year, is a key member of triathlon club Born2tri having been one of its founder members and most enthusiastic volunteers. When asked how he felt when receiving his award he commented: "It's an honour, absolute privilege and I am totally amazed to win, I didn't even know I had been nominated. I have been a triathlete for 20 years and I just like putting something back into the sport and seeing people enjoy it."

The British Triathlon Volunteer of the Year award went to Laura Addis. Laura joined Windrush Triathlon Club in 2010, and has since taken on the role of Chairperson enabling the club to overcome financial challenges, thanks to her ideas and energy.

The British Triathlon Young Volunteer of the Year award went to Joe Kidson.  Joe has been actively supporting Crystal Palace Triathletes Club, assisting with junior sessions, officiating at events and supporting the club committee.

Previous page Next page

TwitterStumbleUponFacebookDiggRedditGoogle

Discuss this article

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member

Smart Coach
Free, fully-personalized training plans, designed to suit your racing goals and your lifestyle.