Highlights from the British Triathlon Awards 2011

We caught up with the winners of the 2011 British Triathlon Annual Awards at a star-studded dinner on Saturday night.

Helen Macvicker
 4 of 8 

British Triathlon Participation Coach of the Year Helen MacVicker

The British Triathlon Participation Coach of the Year award went to Helen MacVicker from West Yorkshire who commented: "I am passionate about the sport, and for me the real passion in coaching is seeing youngsters develop. I coach the youth section of Leeds and Bradford Triathlon Club and seeing those youngsters not only as athletes, but as young individuals as well is just so motivating and keeps me coming back every Saturday."

The British Triathlon Performance Development Coach of the Year award went to Steve Lloyd. Steve is a Level 3 Performance coach and has established the Absolute Triathlon Club in Nottingham, hosting regular coaching sessions and regularly supporting his fellow coaches to develop their skills and abilities.

Previous page Next page

TwitterStumbleUponFacebookDiggRedditGoogle

Discuss this article

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member

Smart Coach
Free, fully-personalized training plans, designed to suit your racing goals and your lifestyle.