Highlights from the British Triathlon Awards 2011

We caught up with the winners of the 2011 British Triathlon Annual Awards at a star-studded dinner on Saturday night.

Helen Jenkins
 6 of 8 

Helen Jenkins named British Triathlon Female Elite Triathlete of the Year

Helen Jenkins celebrated winning the GE British Triathlon Female Elite Triathlete of the Year award, following a season which has seen her win the Dextro Energy Triathlon ITU World Championship London presented by Tata Steel and finish second in Beijing, Kitzbuhel and Madrid. Helen was also a member of the 'Dreamteam' in Lausanne that saw the GE Great Britain Triathlon Team win gold in the ITU Triathlon Mixed Relay World Championships in the Olympic Capital of Lausanne. Upon receiving the award, Helen commented: "I think it's the third year in a row and it's so nice that people keep voting for me." She added: "It's great to be in a sport that is growing so much. It's an honour to be in such an amazing team, there are so many people doing well at the moment, it's amazing to be part of the sport at this time."

Jane Egan was named Tata Steel British Triathlon Female  Paratriathlete of the Year at the Annual Awards Dinner. The Scottish triathlete celebrated winning the award for the second successive year, capping a memorable season that has seen her retain both her TRI 1 European and World titles won in 2010. Egan also secured the gold medal in the elite paratriathlon at the Dextro Energy Triathlon ITU World Championship London presented by Tata Steel.

Egan was delighted to win the award, saying: "I am absolutely shocked, I really didn't expect this to happen, I was so surprised that I won again this year. I am honoured that people think I have done something worth nominating, let alone winning, it's really fabulous."

Lucy Hall was named British Triathlon Female Junior Elite Triathlete of the Year.

Katie Hewison was named GE British Triathlon Female Elite Duathlete of the Year.

Previous page Next page

TwitterStumbleUponFacebookDiggRedditGoogle

Discuss this article

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member

Smart Coach
Free, fully-personalized training plans, designed to suit your racing goals and your lifestyle.