Highlights from the British Triathlon Awards 2011

We caught up with the winners of the 2011 British Triathlon Annual Awards at a star-studded dinner on Saturday night.

Alistair Brownlee
 7 of 8 

Alistair Brownlee named British Triathlon Male Elite Triathlete of the Year

On an evening aimed at celebrating Britain at its best, Alistair Brownlee was awarded the GE British Triathlon Male Elite Triathlete of the Year for the fourth successive year. Brownlee won the Madrid, Kitzbuhel, London and Beijing legs of the Dextro Energy Triathlon ITU World Championship Series and, like Jenkins, was a member of the GE Great Britain Triathlon Team who won gold in the ITU Triathlon Mixed Relay World Championships.

When asked about the upcoming London 2012 Olympic Games he said: "I believe I can be there, and that gives me the best possible chance to win that medal on that day."

Steven Judge was named Tata Steel British Triathlon Male Paratriathlete of the Year at the Annual Awards. The 38-year-old from Sheffield won the award for the second year in succession, completing an outstanding season. Judge competes in the TRI 3 category and has won every honour for which he has competed, both at international and domestic level this year. He won the European and World titles as well as the gold medal at the elite paratriathlon at the Dextro Energy Triathlon ITU World Championship London presented by Tata Steel in August.

Judge added: "It's amazing once again. It's the icing on the cake as it's been a tough season as usual, but with four golds it has been brilliant - the best season so far. This is a great award, it's really good to achieve, as it's voted for by other triathletes and that means something special."

Gordon Benson was named British Triathlon Male Junior Elite Triathlete of the Year.

Mark Buckingham GE British Triathlon Male Elite Duathlete of the Year.

Previous page Next page

TwitterStumbleUponFacebookDiggRedditGoogle

Discuss this article

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member

Smart Coach
Free, fully-personalized training plans, designed to suit your racing goals and your lifestyle.