- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g tenderstem broccoli, each piece cut into three
- ½ a small red onion, finely sliced
- 3 large free-range eggs
- Knob of butter
- 40g low-fat cream cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- 50g smoked salmon, cut into strips
1. Heat the olive oil in a small nonstick frying pan and gently sauté the broccoli and the onion until the onion is softened and starting to become golden. Remove from the pan and keep to one side.
2. While the onion and broccoli are cooking, mix the cream cheese and chives. Add salt and pepper.
3. Return the pan to the hob, increase the heat and add the butter. Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Once the butter is bubbling, add the eggs. Swirl around the pan and either using a fork or rubber spatula, stir around until the eggs are almost set.
5. Spread to cover the surface and leave to cook for a minute or so, until the top of the omelette is almost set, with just a little liquid on the surface.
6. Spoon the onion and broccoli onto one half of the omelette. Add the cream cheese and finally lay over the salmon. Tilt the pan and carefully fold over the other half of the omelette on top of the filling. Slide onto a plate and serve with a green salad.