Fuel up the night before your race with this simple and delicious pre-race pasta dish created by Masterchef finalist Tom Rennolds.
Ingredients (serves 4)
For the pasta
- 300g 00 flour
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
For the pesto
- Bunch of corriander
- 150g toasted pinenuts
- 150ml olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100g parmesan
1. Combine the flour and eggs in a processor or by hand to make the pasta.
2. Rest in a fridge for a minimum of 20 mins then roll out and put through the linguine setting on a pasta machine.
3. Combine the pesto ingredients in the processor and biltz until very fine and then cook for five minutes over a low heat in a large non stick pan.
4. Meanwhile add the linguine to a pan of salted boiling water for 1 min drain and add to the pesto and cook for 1 more minute.
5. In a seperate pan saute the finely diced chicken until charred and golden then top the pasta with the chicken.
These versatile nuts are full of protein and give an excellent depth of flavor to pasta dishes. They also contain a number of key vitamins and minerals such as iron, zinc and potassium.
Packed with antioxidants and other immune boosting minerals, garlic is a super food for super flavor.
Carb-loading at its best. This high carb pasta is just what your body needs the night before your race to ensure it will keep going until the finish line.