Argyll, Scottish Highlands, Argyll and Bute, PH49 4HZ
- Distance10K, Half Marathon, Marathon, Ultra Marathon km
- Water stations
- Minimum age18
- Entrants last year500
- Event website
- Event AffiliationNone
- Online entry availableYes
Set at the wonderful Glencoe Mountain Centre in the Scottish Highlands we are in the perfect place for mountain trail running and our challenge will not let you down. Offering distances from 10K to the Ultra Marathon there is a trail run for everyone.
This is one of our hardest and most scenic mountain trail running challenges in the series and depending on your distance you will be running high in the mountains with breath taking views all around. Each distance takes in some of the West Highland Way and finishes with lots of steep climbs and descents . The marathon and ultra runners head along mountain trails with tough climbs and tougher descents such as along the Buachaille Etive Mor ridge.
NB – This is a Mountain trail run and should be treated as such. Kit lists will be carried out at registration on all runners and random kit list checks will be carried out during the event itself.
* Each route gets fully loaded checkpoints to keep you energised through this mountain challenge.
* Fully marked course so no navigation is required, there are also marshals in tricky areas to make sure you stay on the right path (and no signs go missing).
* There are back runners following each distance. So if required you can have support all the way around the course.
* Cut-off time is 17:30 for all distances.
* On your return you’ll get a Trail Events bespoke medal.
* Canicross Friendly for 10k and half marathon- Please remember to take your dog’s training as seriously as your own. The marathon and ultra routes are not suitable for dogs.
* THIS IS A MOUNTAIN MARATHON AND SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED IF YOU SUFFER FROM VERTIGO
Start a new forum discussion about Scottish Highlands Trail Run - 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon & Ultra.