Great Notley Country Park, Braintree, Essex, CM77 7FS
- Distance5 miles
- Water stations
- Traffic free
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age15
- Distance MarkersEvery Mile
- Cheques payable to Braintree & District AC
- Postal closing date1st Apr 2013
- Size of field600
- Entrants last year450
- Event website
- Event AffiliationUK Athletics
- Available from race websiteYes
- Online entry availableYes
- Postal entry availableYes
The race this year is again being run in aid of Help for Heroes & AMMF.
This is a rural route starting near Great Notley Country Park taking in the village of Rayne and a small part of the delightful Flitch Way. Chip timing will be used. No iPods or similar devices. Sorry the route does not allow for wheelchairs.
This event will comprise of the Braintree Athletic Club awards and also form part of the Essex Championship Series.
Braintree Athletic Club Awards
Prizes awarded to the first runner in each of the following categories:-
• Men: Overall Open, Junior, V40, V50, V60 and V70
• Women: Open, Junior, V35, V45, V55 and V65
• Team medals (1st 3 runners): Men’s running club, ladies running club, Business team, Education team.
• New for this year is an award for 1st unaffiliated male and female.
Essex Championship Information
Entry into the Essex Championship is by pre-entry only (entries on the day are not available).
To be eligible to enter the Essex Championship you need to either have been born in Essex or have been an Essex resident for at least 9 months. In addition you cannot have competed in another county’s championship in the same year (eg. Suffolk / Kent,etc)
Runners will not qualify for Essex medals /prizes if they are not wearing the club kit of their first claim club in whose name they have entered.
Essex Championship Awards
• Essex County medals awarded to the first 3 in each of the following categories:
• Men: Open, V40, V50, V60 and V70
• Women: Open, V35, V45, V55 and V65
• Team medals: First 3 Essex Mens / Ladies Teams
Start a new forum discussion about Skyline120 Braintree 5M