Preparation time: 16 minutes
- 100g baby new potatoes, thickly sliced
- 4 slices smoked back bacon or ham, chopped
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp semi skimmed milk
- 1 tomato, sliced
1 Boil the potatoes for 5-6 minutes until tender, then drain.
2 Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a small non stick frying pan approx. 20cm diameter and fry the bacon for 2 minutes.
3 Add the mushrooms and fry for 3 minutes then stir in the potatoes.
4 Whisk the eggs and milk together, season and pour into the pan. Cook gently for 3-4 minutes loosening the edges with a spatula.
5 Place under a preheated grill for 2-3 minutes, adding the tomatoes for the last 1 minute, until golden and cooked throughout.
6 Cool slightly before turning out of the pan.
- Allow to chill before cutting into wedges for eating at home, at school or at work.
- Omit the bacon for a vegetarian option and sprinkle over 50g grated cheese, for example Cheddar.
- This is also a great way to use up leftover cooked potatoes.
Farmhouse Breakfast Week is taking place from January 23-29. Many thanks to www.shakeupyourwakeup.com for supplying the featured recipe.