Put old jack-o-lanterns to good use with this colourful curry: rich in carbs but low in calories. Carnivores can bulk the recipe up by adding 200g diced chicken.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 70g Thai curry paste
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 200g Tenderstem brocoli
- 150g baby corn, halved
- 1 bunch of spring onions, sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 handful of coriander, chopped
- 1 medium pumpkin or squash, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Thai rice or rice noodles
- Heat the oil and saute the onion, ginger and garlic for about five minutes until the onion has softened but not coloured. Stir in the curry paste and cook for a minute.
- Stir in the pumpkin or squash, then add the fish sauce, coconut milk and 200ml water. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, baby corn and spring onions and continue to cook for about five minutes until the vegetables are tender. Finish off by stirring in the lime juice and coriander. Serve with boiled rice or noodles.