On Boxing Day transform your festive leftovers into a tasty and nutritious meal that's ready in minutes. Carrots are bursting with the powerful antioxidant beta-carotene, which the body converts to Vitamin A to strengthen your immune system and keep bones healthy. Not only is this recipe a great way to use up protein-packed turkey, it's also a superbly healthy dish that'll counteract some of the season's indulgences.
Preparation: 25 mins
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 350g baby carrots
- 450g left over cold turkey, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon or 2tsp freeze dried
- 100ml dry white wine
- 300ml leftover turkey gravy
- 60ml half fat crème fraiche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh tarragon to garnish
- rice to serve
1 Heat the oil in a large pan, add the leeks and carrots and sauté for 4 minutes. Add the turkey, tarragon, wine and gravy and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 6 minutes.
2 Remove the lid, and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the crème fraiche and season to taste. Remove from the heat. Spoon into a serving dish, scatter over the parsley and serve with rice.
Many thanks to britishcarrots.co.uk for supplying the recipe and photo.