Training for a marathon is a daunting business – our free weekly marathon email is here to keep you informed, motivated and right on track.
It runs from December to April, and its 16-week training schedule is aimed at April 26, 2009. Each email gives you clear day-by-day training, a pep talk, and marathon news for the week – plus links to find out more.
If you're a member of this website, just go to your My Newsletters page and tick 'Weekly marathon newsletter' to sign up. (If you don't like it, just untick the box at any time, but here's some of the feedback we received last year:)
- "A great source of inspiration, guidance and advice..."
- "Perfect... invaluable"
- "I was better prepared than ever before"
If you haven't registered as a free member of the site yet, you'll have to do that before you can sign up to the newsletter. You can register here.
What to look forward to:
- Which target to aim for
- Weekly schedules (from sub-3:00 to run-walk)
- Speedwork for marathoners
- How long you really need to run
- Are you on target?
- Heart-rate training for marathoners
- How to minimise down-time
- Race-day planning
- ...and much more!
|Too impatient? Here's last year's archive|