Ingredients (serves 4)
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 150g white rice
• I litre reduced-sodium chicken stock
• 1 tbsp lemon zest strips
• 1 cinnamon stick (about 7cm long)
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 large eggs
• 2 large egg yolks
• 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
• ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
• 70g broccoli florets, finely chopped
• 1½ tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Place chicken and rice in a large heavy pot.
2. Add stock, lemon zest, cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
3. Cover and cook on low until chicken is cooked.
4. Transfer chicken to cutting board and let cool slightly.
5. Remove zest, cinnamon stick and bay leaf from pot and discard. Shred chicken with two forks and set aside.
6. Whisk eggs, yolks, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper in bowl.Slowly ladle 240ml of the mixture from pot into same bowl, whisking constantly. Slowly pour egg mixture back into pot, continuing to whisk.
7. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, or until soup thickens slightly.
8. Fold in chicken and broccoli, stirring constantly, until heated through. Add salt and black pepper to taste and top with parsley.