We don't need a heart-rate monitor to tell us that every time Garmin launches a new GPS sports watch, our pulse starts to quicken. We can't wait to get our mitts on the Forerunner 910XT, which has just launched ahead of the Ironman World Championships in Kona. Here's the low-down on this multisport beauty.
What it is?
A three-in-one multisport GPS watch that'll monitor your pace across all three triathlon disciplines. Perfect for both training and racing, the watch will be available from mid-November at a retail price of £359 (£389 with HRM).
What does it offer?
For the swim:
- Designed for use in both open-water and in the pool.
- Water resistant to 50 metres.
- Extensive swim metrics, including swim distance, stroke count, swim efficiency and swim pace.
- Computes a SWOLF score - the sum of the time for one length plus the number of strokes for that length.
- Records the path you swim in open water, so you can review it afterwards on a map in Garmin Connect.
For the bike and run:
- Tracks distance, speed/pace, elevation and heart rate for running and cycling.
- Training Effect feature allows you to measure the impact of every run and bike session on your aerobic fitness.
- On-board barometric altimeter for accurate elevation data.
- Moves easily from wrist to handlebar with optional quick release and bike mounts.
- Log and review transition times with the click of a button.
Any other features?
- It won't slow you down in T1, as its sleek profile allows you to easily slide wetsuits on and off.
- Easy-to-read display
- 20-hour battery life
- Virtual Racer features allows you to compete against your PBs or other users' times.
- Create and plan workouts with Garmin Connect, then send directly to your 910XT with the click of a button.
- Get alerts to vibrate/sound if you stray from your heart rate, pace and distance goals.
"Garmin Forerunner 910XT will record, motivate and guide every stroke, every pedal rev and every step of the way, making this the world's most complete training watch ever, " says Andy Silver, Garmin's EMEA Product Manager Fitness.
Definitely top of our Christmas wish-list. We're excited: the Garmin Forerunner 910XT promises to be a GPS game-changer that'll transform the way you train and race.